Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is RMS again and how do I explain you guys to a friend?
Pop music on strings. Radio Music Society is a string ensemble that performs covers of pop music. We do semester concerts and perform in and around the University and the Charlottesville community.
2. Can I ask you to play for our event?
Of course! We love to perform for all kinds things as featured guest performances! Please shoot us an email regarding all inquiries of performances.
3. ...does that mean you do weddings?
Unfortunately, we do not. Please do not send requests for weddings! As awesome we are with pop, we are not coming together to play classical music. There are other string groups that would be happy to play for your big day that you probably should be Googling instead.
4. How about as background performers for our event?
It depends on the event and it depends on availability. While we love to share our music, we seek to play as a featured group of musicians (not as potted-plant musicians) because we aren't that kind of musical rental group. You wouldn't ask Beyoncé to sit in the corner and sing as background, right?
5. Okay, I want in. When are auditions?
Auditions are always in the Fall! Please keep a look out for information as the Fall semesters approach. The 2018 auditions will be held on Saturday, September 8th from 11am-3pm in Lawn Room 41 West. Email email@example.com for information and the audition excerpt!
6. I want to support Radio Music Society and see that you become super successful. How can I help?
TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND COME HEAR US PLAY! (Oh, and liking us on Facebook is kinda cool, too).